The DataNucleus AccessPlatform provides persistence and retrieval of data to a range of datastores using a range of APIs, with a range of query languages. Software for persistence typically only caters for one type of datastore, or one API. DataNucleus is unique in that it supports all standardised persistence APIs for a very wide range of datastores . DataNucleus is the only persistence software certified JDO compliant. DataNucleus is continually innovating and pushing capabilities forward, as well as continually pushing forward the JDO spec. DataNucleus gives you the power to swap persistence API, and datastore when you want to. In fact it allows JPA mapping data to be used with JDO persistence, and vice versa - another unique feature of DataNucleus. Time to take advantage of this power ...
DataNucleus - Tutorial for JDO
- Step 0 : Download DataNucleus AccessPlatform
- Step 1 : Design your domain/model classes as you would do normally
- Step 2 : Define their persistence definition using Meta-Data.
- Step 3 : Compile your classes, and instrument them (using the DataNucleus enhancer).
- Step 4 : Generate the database tables where your classes are to be persisted.
- Step 5 : Write your code to persist your objects within the DAO layer.
- Step 6 : Run your application.
- Step 7 : Things to add.